What you get out of your personal training session
The YMCA can provide you with one on one personal training sessions designed to meet your personal fitness needs. Each session is a duration of one hour and appointments must be scheduled prior to the training session. Our certified personal training staff members can assist you to:
- Provide a personal exercise program that is specifically designed to help you attain your goals
- Instruct you on the importance of your individualized program and how it works with your body.
- Provide safe exercise settings, encouragement and support
- Help motivate you in staying with your program.
- Construct revolutionary and innovative new teaching methods to meet your needs.
Assessing your fitness level
The YMCA Personal Training Staff is capable of assessing your current fitness level through a series of tests. An appointment must be made by calling the YMCA at 815-223-7904. During your first appointment you must fill out a Personal Training Form with health, medical history, activity, interests, etc, giving our training staff the information needed to create an effective exercise prescription, custom designed for you. You are able to choose from the test options listed below that you would like to have administered by your trainer.
Get your Personal Training Form.
- Body Analysis – refers to the absolute amounts and distribution of the structural components of the body – fat, fluid, muscle/tissue and bone. A complete body composition analysis is a great way to check your fitness progression and success by comparing your test results before, during, and after your program. Stop at the Front Desk to use the Biomeasure machine for just $1
- Cardio Respiratory Fitness – refers to the ability of the body to take in, transport and utilize oxygen. It includes the capacity of the heart and lungs to exchange and deliver oxygen to working muscles during sustained motion. We offer various testing options to be decided the day of your fitness test
- Muscular Strength – refers to the amount of weight (maximal force) that can be lifted in a single attempt by a particular muscle group. This is a great way to learn how strong you currently are, with relation to how strong you hope to become through your future program.
- Muscular Endurance – refers to the ability of a single muscle group to lift a sub maximal weight numerous times. It also is the ability of a muscle group to stabilize a fixed contraction for an extended period of time. A testing procedure that is able to predict how long you can continue a single exercise, great for endurance athletes such as marathon runners, triathlon competitors, etc.
- Flexibility – also defined as mobility, refers to muscle suppleness as well as the range of motion for the major joints that make-up the human body. Adequate range of motion can imply that the muscles are able to elongate to accommodate the full mobility required by the joint, as well as to maintain functional muscular balance. The testing procedure for flexibility is very simple and easy to learn.
Current & Past Cancer Patients
Current and past cancer patients can receive 5 personal training sessions by clicking the Get your Rear in Gear Application.
YMCA Fitness Coordinator
FITOUR Certified Personal Trainer
Certified LES MILLS™ Instructor
QUALIFICATIONS: 13 years of experience in Group Fitness Instruction, FITOUR Certified Personal Trainer, Certified in LES MILLS™ Bodypump, LES MILLS™ Grit, and Beachbody Cize Live.
2B Mindset Nutrition Mentor, Diamond Health & Fitness Coach with BODi, and Founder of Kelly Campbell – Life on the Run.
EXPERTISE: General Fitness, Focus on Nutrition, Weight Training, and Cardio
WHAT HER MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Excellent instructor, always in positive mood. She makes her classes fun! Kelly is Fantastic!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: I continually commit to becoming the best version of me and hope to inspire others to do the same.
NASM Certified Personal Trainer
QUALIFICATIONS: National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer. Bachelor’s degree in psychology.
EXPERTISE: Weight Training, Cardio, and a Focus on Nutrition.
WHAT HER MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Marianne is very friendly & knowledgeable. Not having exercised for a long time, I was apprehensive, but after meeting Marianne & getting to know her; I knew she was a good fit for me. She has based my training on my individual needs & limitations, and I’ve been very pleased with my progress.
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: My mission in life is to help people become their healthiest, happiest and fittest selves by implementing sustainable lifestyle changes.
ACSM American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
Registered Yoga Teacher
QUALIFICATIONS: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer, Registered Yoga Teacher. B.S. Education.
EXPERTISE: Functional training, TRX, Kettlebells, and yoga.
WHAT HIS MEMBERS ARE SAYING: Matt was a great personal trainer. He is friendly, easy to talk to, work with & always dependable. He shares helpful information about nutrition & is very responsive to feedback. He builds workout plans around your fitness goals to help you love learning new exercises!
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: I take a crawl, walk, run approach to training – building from the ground up. Move with intention.
ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
QUALIFICATIONS: International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) Certified Personal Trainer.
ISSA Certified in Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
EXPERTISE: Cardiovascular Training, General Fitness, Functional Training, Mobility Training, and Weight Loss Management.
WHAT HIS MEMBERS ARE SAYING:
PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY: I believe that everyone has the potential to be healthy and capable, regardless of their current fitness level or limitations.
|Sessions||Single||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People|
|Sessions||Single||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People|