ILLINOIS VALLEY YMCA
NEW & IMPROVED AND ALL-INCLUSIVE SUMMER CAMPS AT THE IV YMCA
NO CAMP – FOURTH OF JULY (7/4/24)
Discovery Camp (Half Day; Ages 3-5)
Each week’s theme will revolve around our weekly activities…Arts & Crafts, Music & Movement, Outdoor & Sensory Play, and Cooking & Preschool Enrichment!
Dates: June 5th – August 10th (Monday-Thursday)
Swim Days: Thursdays 12:15 – 12:45pm
**Please Bring a Drink & Lunch Each Day
Cost: Members: Weekly $60 | Daily $20
Cost: Non-Members: Weekly $90 | Daily $30
Challenger Camp (Full Day Kindergarten-6th Grade)
Your child will have the opportunity to participate in an array of organized educational and recreational activities, all of which promote social skills, self-confidence, sportsmanship, character development, and healthy kids!
Dates: June 5th – August 11th (Monday-Friday)
Time: 7:00am-5:30 pm
REGISTRATION FEE: Individual- $45 / Family- $90
Drop-In/Daily Rate: Individual- $45 / Non-Members- $55
Cost: Members: 5 Days/Week $150 (1 child) *Additional Child(ren) $135 | 3 Days/Week $120 (1 child) *Additional Child(ren) $110
Cost: Non-Members: 5 Days/Week $200 *Additional Child(ren) $180 | 3 Days/Week $150 *Additional Child(ren) $135
Please note: Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Inquire at 815.223.7904
ALL INCLUSIVE ILLINOIS VALLEY YMCA SUMMER DAY CAMP POLICIES
- All participants must submit the proper enrollment forms, completed and signed on the first day the child attends camp. This information is confidential to our Staff and the registering parents and guardians.
- Parents will be required to provide health information about their child/children by completing the proper medical and waiver forms following this policy page. These forms will be kept on file at the Illinois Valley Y and/or program site. It is necessary for the forms to be returned on the first day of camp.
- Parents will be contacted in the event of sickness or accident involving their child. If a parent cannot be reached and emergency care is needed, such treatment will be provided by the St. Margaret’s Health Peru, as authorized under the Summer Day Camp medical consent form. Children enrolled in any of our camps are not provided with any health insurance through the Illinois Valley Y.
- Fees must be paid when registering your child. This is important for us to provide the best camp possible. All checks are to be made out to the Illinois Valley Y and should be paid at the YMCA at 300 Walnut Drive, Peru, IL 61354.
Children should NOT bring personal items, as too many items are lost, broken, or stolen.
The director with parental/guardian consent may distribute any medications your child may need.
The hours of operation for:
- Challenger Day Camp will be from 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Discovery Day Camp will be from 9:00 am – 1:00pm, Monday-Thursday
There will be a sign in/out sheet in the classroom Every camper must be signed in and out each day they attend camp by a parent/guardian of 18 years or greater in age.
If a parent or guardian is late in picking up a child, there will be a $5 late charge for the first 15 minutes plus a $3 charge for every minute after that.
The Summer Day Camp Director or Youth Program Director has the right to deny privileges or usage to anyone who is continually late in picking up their child or who abuses any of the other rules.
The Summer Day Camp staff will not allow a child to leave the building with anyone who is intoxicated, under visibly apparent drug use, or who may cause immediate harm.
The Y will not turn away any child who wishes to participate in the Camp because of their inability to pay.
Financial assistance is available through the Illinois Valley Y.
The Y, Summer Day Camp Director, and Youth Program Director have the right to change or add any rules that may improve the overall camp program.