ILLINOIS VALLEY YMCA
The Illinois Valley YMCA offers a fun and energic learning environment for boys and girls ages 2 and older who wish to learn the sport of tumbling and trampoline. The IVYMCA has an abundance of equipment which includes a rod floor, foam floor, tumble trak, euro trampoline, and euro tumble mini. We offer classes 5 days a week, all year round. There are many benefits to enrolling your child(ren) into tumbling which include increased flexibility, balance, strength, coordination, social skills, and confidence.
For those who are looking to continue to practice their love for tumbling and trampoline outside the gym, we do offer a competitive team which travels all over the state of Illinois to compete. The team usually starts training in August/September and finishes the season with the United States Tumbling and Trampoline Association’s (U.S.T.A) national competition in June where athletes from all off over United States come together to compete for the number one title. Any age and level can join our competitive team and no try outs are necessary! This is a great way to build friendships and make lifelong memories.
If you are interested in classes, please email Jessica Turczyn. These classes are filling quickly! This is a great way to keep your kids active and helps them to burn off some energy!
*ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE AN EVALUATION VIA EMAIL BEFORE BEING PLACED INTO A CLASS.
Tumbling Coordinator: Jessica Turczyn
For questions, email Jessica Turczyn
What do I need to bring to class?
- Signed copy of the waiver form that will be emailed to you once signing up
- A leotard or flexible clothing such as a t-shirt and shorts.
- Socks are needed for the trampoline
- A water bottle. The drinking fountains may be unavailable due to COVID-19
- A face mask. Face masks will be removed if the student is performing a skill where it would become a safety issue and then applied again once the student’s turn is complete.
What does the Illinois Valley Tumbling Program offer?
The Y offers a tumble trak, double-mini trampoline, trampoline, rod floor, and foam floor. All equipment is used during each class to benefit and expand your child’s learning.
The pre-beginner level is for those ages 2 and older who are just starting their tumbling experience. This level will use obstacle courses and fun routines to teach the basics of tumbling and trampoline.
The beginner level is for those ages 4 and older who can listen and follow directions such as staying in line. This level will continue to mater the basic skills of tumbling and trampoline such as somersaults, hand stands and cartwheels.
This level is for those who have mastered their beginner skills (cartwheel) and are ready to start working on round offs and back bends from the standing positions. This level will begin to work more advanced trampoline skills such as front tucks and belly drops.
This level is for those who have mastered their round off and the back bend from the standing position. This class focuses on back bend kick overs, front limbers, and walkover skills. This level may start incorporating the beginning drills for the flip flop/back handspring. This level will continue to work on advanced skills on trampoline such as belly drops, back drops, and front tucks.
This class focuses on drills and conditioning to learn and master the flip flop/back handspring. They will also be learning round off flip flops/back handsprings. Additional somis will be learned on the trampolines which include pike fronts, layout fronts, back tucks, back pikes, and back layouts.
This level is for those who have mastered their flip flop and can perform at least 2 or 3 flip flops in a row. This group will start learning drills to start practicing back tucks on the floor.
This level is for those who have mastered a row of flip flops and are ready to start performing back tucks and other advanced skills on the floor.
All tumbling questions, inquires, and new student evaluations will be addressed via email. Please provide the following information:
-Previous tumbling experience
-If they already know how to do any skills on their own (somersault, cartwheel, round off, back bend from the standing position, flip flop/back handspring, etc).
Knowing this information will allow us to place your child(ren) in the correct class level to maximize their learning experience here at the IVYMCA
- Masks must be worn by all guests ages 2 years and older when entering and exiting the YMCA.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or have had exposure to someone with these symptoms, please do not attend class and seek medical advice.
- Please wait outside the tumbling room until an instructor has given you the okay to enter, allowing for cleaning/sanitization.
- Please keep extra belongings with parents (coats, bags, hats, etc).
- Tumbling attire: leotard or shorts and t-shirt. Socks are needed for the trampolines. Hairs should be up and out of face.
- Drinking fountains may be unavailable. Please bring water with your child’s name on it.
- There will be a cleaning session between every class. We will have extra staff to clean during class time as well.
- If you need to speak with an instructor, please email us so we can focus on preparing & cleaning the tumbling room for the next class.
- There will be markings on the floor for the kids to stand on to practice social distancing. We will do our best to help kids follow these practices.
- Make up sessions will NOT be available. Tuition is paid to hold your class spot for your specific time/day. You must stay on your assigned day/time unless talking to an instructor.
- Tuition is due the first week of every month. If tuition is not paid by the 15th of the month, your child will not be able to participate.
- If you are going to miss a class or take a break from tumbling for any reason, you must email to let us know. If you do not attend two classes in a row and have not emailed us, we will assume you are no longer attending classes and your spot will be offered to incoming students.
- Please use the bathroom before class! We do not want to be pulling instructors away from the class to take little ones to the bathroom.
Together let’s make a fun and safe learning environment for kids to learn and grow! Thanks for flip, flop, and flying with the Illinois Valley Y!
2021-22 Tumbling Schedule
|4-4:50p Beginner, Beginner II Advanced Beginner|
5-5:50p Beginner, Beginner II, Pre-Novice
6-6:50p Pre-Novice, Advanced Beginner
6-7:50p Intermediate +
|4-4:50p Pre-Beginner, Beginner II. Pre-novice|
5-5:50p Beginner, Advanced Beginner, Pre-Novice/Novice
6-6:50 Advanced Beginner
6-7:50p Intermediate +
|4-4:50p Beginner, Beginner II|
5-5:50p Pre-Beginner, Beginner II, Advanced Beginner
6-6:50p Beginner II
6-7:50p Intermediate +
|4-4:50 Pre-Beginner, Advanced beginner|
5-5:50 Beginner, Beginner II
|9-9:50a Pre-Beginner, Beginner, Beginner II
10-10:50a Beginner, Beginner II, Advanced Beginner
11-11:50a Pre-Beginner, Beginner, Pre-novice/Novice
2021-22 Monthly Tumbling Fees
|1 Hour Per Week||2 Hours Per Week||3 Hours Per Week||4 Hours Per Week|
*2nd and 3rd child discount of $10 will be given.
** All fees are due by the first of the month. If tuition is not paid by the 15th of the month, the athlete will not be able to participate.
***We do not offer make ups for missed classes. Tuition is paid to hold your spot in the class.