ILLINOIS VALLEY YMCA
OPEN TO ALL GRADES 5-8 LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
Explore new styles of writing each session, writers will be able to try their hand at various styles of writing!
- Short stories
- News articles/ Journalism
- Myths and Fables
- Professional Writing/ Business Writing
- Professional Editing/ Grammar guide
- Peer editing
- Graphic Novel Writing: to encourage any writer who is also an artist
- Journal Writing: encourage the positive benefits of daily journaling
The end of the program will include a writers showcase “Meet the Autor” children can invite their families, friends, teachers etc. to come and view their work. the first half of the sessions will be focused on learning new styles. The last few weeks/sessions will allow for the writer to develop one piece of work they love!
**Writing materials are included/Participants can register for the full sessions (12 meetings on the last Tues. of each month) or session by session if they would like to pick and choose! Full participation is encouraged!
Sign-up online, in person at the front desk or Contact our Youth Development Director, Maya Quick at [email protected] for assistance.